1. Questions; Contacting Mei Apothecary; Reporting Violations
2. User Acknowledgement
3. A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Mei Apothecary and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States
5. Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
1. Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect personal information from you, including but not limited to your first and last name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- When you order products on our Website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. We do not store this information directly on our servers, but this information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your purchases.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (including space profiles) on our Website, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Website and may be shared by us on any social media or other online channels.
- We may also collect personal information at other points in our Website that state that personal information is being collected.
2. Information Collected via Technology
- Information Collected by Our Servers - To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags - In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ personal information.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals - We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site. To find out more about “do not track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Use of Your Personal Information
1. General UseIn general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Website and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- send you the products that you order;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided during the host application process;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as confirmation of your scheduled appointments; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Mei Apothecary.
2. User Testimonials and Feedback
We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Website from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Website, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
3. Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create aggregated and other anonymous data from our users’ information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to understand and improve the Website, promote our business and for other lawful business purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
1. Third Parties Designated by You
When you use the Services, the personal information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites.
2. Third Party Service Providers
We will share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Website, including to fulfill orders and shipments of Products you purchase through the Website; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Mei Apothecary. These third party service providers are required not to use your personal information other than to provide the services requested by Mei Apothecary.
4. Corporate Restructuring
5. Disclosure to Third Party Companies
We may enter into agreements with companies to offer co-branded products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). As a result, we may provide your personal information to a Third Party Company. Because we do not control the privacy practices of these third party companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights (as provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing email@example.com. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the personal information you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. By default, your Profile is for public viewing. Your photos and other content you post to the Website are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Website and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services, including social media platforms. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your space profiles or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put personal information in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Website, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
Third Party Websites
Third Party Integrations
We may provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify, advertising networks and others. The placement of social media widgets or advertising units on the Website may permit these third parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them.
Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
1. Email Communications
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.